Camp Properties & Reservations
Troop Activity Guidance at Kentuckiana Camps
We are happy to announce that Camp Shantituck, Camp Stem, Camp Pennyroyal, and Bear Creek Aquatic Camp will be opening for free day use by troops on July 6. Reservations can be made in Double Knot in one-hour blocks with a maximum of eight consecutive hours on the same day (no overnights).
Day use guidelines include:
- Adult to girl ratios must be met.
- Troops must have a registered leader who has completed Camp in A. Camp A can be completed online here.
- If you intend to start a fire, you will need to have completed Camp in B training.
- Buildings will not be available for use.
- We ask that troops arrive together and not interact with other troops
- All safety guidlines as listed under the Troop and Group Activity & Travel Guidance should be followed.
Choose Summer Camp 2020 in Double Knot to pick your homebase where your troop will have specific use for your time at camp.
Click HERE for our current reservations calendar.
The Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana has seven camp properties throughout the council. There is a camp property within two hours of all members of our council, and most members are significantly closer. Some of the camps are groomed and 'tamed'; some are more wild and natural. Properties in the council range from a 12 acre park like facility to a 1,400 acre wooded wilderness, and each provides a unique experience for the camper.
Girl Scout camping offers girls the opportunity to learn to live comfortably in the out-of-doors, to develop their awareness of the world around them, to become more self-reliant, and to be a contributing member of the group. Girls may attend camp with girls in their own troops, in their neighborhood, or as individuals. Camping offers the opportunities to gain knowledge and skills through troop camping, day camps or camporees, resident camp or through our unique adventure program.