Girl Scout Event Pathway
The Event Pathway offers a variety of scheduled activities that are open to all girls by grade level. Girls can choose to participate in as many events as they like, exploring their skills and interests along the way in a variety of thematic areas such as healthy living and personal wellness, STEM, business literacy, outdoor, arts and culture, growing strong and much more. Girls get the necessary guidance from community collaborators, adult volunteers, and council staff to develop their skills and understand how those skills can be used to make a difference in the world. Girls may register for events as a troop or individually.
View Program Calendar
Events can be sponsored by community collaborators, volunteers, areas, service units, or troops. All events in our council can be advertised through our Events Calendar, all you need to do is fill out the Submit Your Event information. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- While it is possible to earn a "Badge In A Day", this practice is not encouraged. The Girl Scout Leadership Experience's cycle of learn by doing and reflection is best supported by completing badges over an extended period of time. One practice that works well is to provide girls with a paper that shows the steps that they have completed, leaving 1-2 steps to be completed on their own.
- Using fun patches is a great way to determine a theme for an event. Taking a theme, you might complete 1-2 steps from 2-3 different badges. Our council shop has numerous fun patches that can be purchased.
- Don't forget about the Journeys! While we do not encourage completing an entire Journey in a day or a weekend, there is no reason that you cannot sponsor an event that takes girls through the Discover or Connect portions of a Journey.
- After your event, please fill out the Program Evaluation and Report. This data is essential to the Program Team as we develop programs and community connections throughout our council.
These are events that can be scheduled at the convenience of a troop or group. These activities are divided into 3 separate programs:
- Programs @ Your Place - These community partners will bring their programs to your place.
- Programs @ Their Place - These community partners will schedule programs for your troop at their place.
- Programs @ Our Place - These community partners will schedule programs for your troop at our place.
To submit a Community Connection, please use this site: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CommunityConnectionsForm
Our Program Team is taking a careful look at the programming that is offered throughout our council. We're looking for events that could be replicated. Do you have a successful event outline that you're willing to share with an area, service unit, or troop? We'd love to see it so we can ensure that all of our girls are offered a similar Girl Scout experience. Please send your event outlines to your local GSLE Specialist.
Fill out the "Become a Girl Scout" form and join Girl Scouts today!