Programs are open to all registered Girl Scouts; any troop or individual willing to travel is welcome to participate in any program offered outside their home cluster. However, the council does not provide transportation unless otherwise noted.
Troops, groups and individual Girl Scouts can sign up for any program online through our Program Calendar
provided they meet the Girl Scout grade level requirement.
Girls who are not currently registered Girl Scouts may attend Girl Scout programs by paying the $30 membership fee in addition to any program costs. A completed Girl Scout registration form must accompany the Program Registration Form
Girls bridging to the next grade level can participate in programs for their next level to satisfy bridging requirements.
Programs fill up quickly, so please register early.
- Advance registration is required for all programs; including free programs. Money will not be accepted at the door.
- Registration will not be accepted after the deadline.
- Please register for programs responsibly. Capacity is limited for all, so please be mindful that your reserved space may take an opportunity away from someone else.
- Only the number of persons accounted for on your registration form - girls and adults - will be allowed to attend. Space, staffing, and materials are prepared in advance for the number of people registered.
- Please check Volunteer Essentials (VE) and Safety Activity Checkpoints (SAC) for the correct girl/adult ratios for your grade level. Leaders are responsible for maintaining the correct girl/adult ratios and meeting other VE/SAC guidelines. Please make sure you have your girls’ health records with you when you attend programs. Seniors and Ambassadors may attend events without a chaperone, but must bring a completed health history and permission form with them.
- Adults are to serve as leaders/chaperones, not as participants at programs.
Background Checks & Adult Registration
- All adults working directly and indirectly with girls must have a Volunteer Application (RS 503) on file.
- Adults driving any girl other than their own daughter must have a Volunteer Application (RS 503), and Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana highly recommends that each adult registers as a member for insurance purposes.
- All adults participating in overnight events must have a completed Volunteer Application (RS 503) on file before attending the event.
- Please note that when adults and girls are not registered, they are not covered by the Girl Scout Insurance, and optional / additional insurance must be purchased to cover those adults and girls. Please allow at least 3 weeks for the application to be processed. More information can be found in A Word About Insurance (RS 034) and the Application for Optional Insurance (034a).
Registration, unless otherwise noted; will be accepted online, in person at your local Program & Learning Center, or mailed to the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana Program Specialist. Please use the Program Registration Form
, unless you are registering online. Payment must accompany all registrations.
- Walk-ins and mailed registrations will receive an email confirmation ONLY after the registration has been processed. Note: Walk-in and mailed registrations may take up to 48 hours to process.
- Online registrations will receive confirmation upon completion of registration. All registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Visit here to find your local Program & Learning Center.
A completed Financial Assistance Application (RS 526) must be completed before any financial assistance is considered. Financial assistance is granted on a sliding scale. Each girl and adult is expected to pay a portion of the fee. Please note a limited amount of funds are available. Please allow at least 30 days for your financial assistance to be processed. A confirmation will be sent via email of your financial assistance status prior to the program. NOTE: If financial assistance is given and the person “no shows” for the program, the council must be reimbursed the amount of the financial assistance within 30 days. NO EXCEPTIONS!
In the event that a program is cancelled, refunds will be issued to all participants. If the program is rescheduled, the participants will receive an email with the new information, but will be required to register for the program again.
For programs with online registrations only, refunds submitted 3 weeks or more before the event will be issued without penalty. Refunds requested less than 3 weeks before the event and the registration deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis, dependent upon the program facilitator's requirements. There are NO refunds for “no shows.”
In the event of inclement weather, a decision to hold or cancel an event will be made at least four hours before the scheduled start time. The contact person on the registration form will be notified by email, phone, or text if a program is to be cancelled. A notification will also be posted on the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana website.
Please plan to make other arrangements for tagalongs. Tagalongs are any child not the designated age for the program (infants, toddlers, older or younger siblings - including Girl Scouts - are all considered tagalongs.) Tagalongs are not permitted at most Girl Scout programs, and adults who bring them will be asked to remain outside the program, unless event is listed as “family friendly”.