WELCOME TO THE FALL PRODUCT PROGRAM!!!!
THERE'S A NEW NAME FOR THE FALL PROGRAM - MAGNUT!
MagNut is still a quality program offering nuts & candy and hundreds of magazines for friends and family. We are excited to present a new item for 2014 - "to remember this!" - a photo keepsake opportunity with albums, calendars and cards for your personalized photos. "to remember this" orders count as a magazine order!
GSK IS RETURNING TO ASHDON FARMS NUTS AND CANDY AND CONTINUING WITH QSP MAGAZINES!
The MagNut Program 2014 supports our council camps and general programming activities and events!
Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana's MagNut Program is a great way for troops to earn funds! Proceeds from the MagNut Program help support maintenance of camps, financial assistance, and other program opportunities.
MagNut Program information for distribution to parents will be available at your September service unit meeting. For additional information on the program, please contact Karen Smallwood 502-636-0900 or 888-771-5170.
Product Program Premium
Troops participating in both product programs (MagNut and Cookies) and completing all requirements will receive a Product Program Premium worth $75 to be used in our council shops.
1. Troop and girls must be registered for the 2014-2015 troop year by October 15.
2. Troop must average 12 nut and candy items AND 2 magazine order per selling girl in the 2014 MagNut Program.
3. Troop must average 192 boxes per selling girl in the 2015 Cookie Program.
4. All money due to council for both product programs will be withdrawn from troop bank account using ACH and must be accessible by deadline dates. If troop has a family owing, they must turn in a Family Owing form to verify correct amount for ACH pull.
Product Program Premiums will be issued at the end of the 2015 Cookie Program and will have an expiration date of December 8, 2015.
Girls participating in both product programs (minimum $75 in MagNut sales and 25 boxes of cookies) will receive the special Way 2 Go patch.
Nuts & Candy
16 nut and candy items on the girls' order cards as well as 9 additional Girl Scout items and 5 corporate gift items available online. 13 Ashdon Farms items are gluten free.
Items range in price from $5-$7 for the Girl Scout items on the order card. Prices for online items vary and will include shipping charges.
Order card (products pictures).pdf
The Girl Scout tin this year will be available in limited quantities in the council shops and also online.
People already buy magazines. The average family subscribes to 4 magazines a year and spends around $125. People can support Girl Scouts without spending any additional funds. Magazines appeal to everyone, every interest!
The magazine program is refreshed - revamped - reworked - revitalized! The catalog has been redesigned with more digital magazine titles. Renew your existing subscriptions and order new ones. Magazine offerings have been expanded to include Photo Keepsakes! Available through the catalog and online!
100% customer satisfaction! Customer satisfaction is QSP's number one priority. Their guarantee is simple. If your customers are not completely satisfied with or do not receive the product ordered through our program, QSP will gladly exchange it, replace it or refund the purchase price.
New to the line-up this year are Photo Keepsakes through the "to remember this!" line.
Personalized photo books,cards, calendars, posters and more! Purchase a product through an email code or from pre-paid certificate. Create your photo keepsake - upload photos (from Facebook, Instagram, PC's and mobile devices) and create your masterpiece! Receive the items within 5-7 days after completion delivered directly to the customer.
Troops will earn the same proceeds as they do with magazines. For girl rewards, photo keepsakes count the same as magazine sales. Photo keepsake sales are entered exactly like magazine sales.
People are ALREADY buying these items. Lets spread the word so they will buy them through Girl Scouts!
Individual Girl Rewards
2014 girl rewards.pdf
Girls will receive rewards based on their total sales - nuts & candy, magazines, "trt" orders - including online orders. All rewards are cumulative. Make sure your choices are selected and entered in to the Ashdon Farms website.
Troop will earn 15% of the total (gross) sales from magazines and nuts & candy.
Online orders will receive an additional 3% troop profit on those online sales (total 18% troop profit for online sales).
Troop will receive $3 in a Fall Troop Kentuckiana Credits certificate for each completed Reach Out Booklet with 5 complete coupons received in council office by October 29.
Booklets received after October 29 date will receive $1 in a Fall Troop Kentuckiana Credits certificate per booklet.
Only one booklet per girl.
Troops with a PGA of $225 or more will receive a certificate for one Photo Keepsake - soft cover photo book through the "to remember this!" line.
Troops with $1000 or more in sales will receive a "Cookie Prep Bag". (Tote bag, Samoa clipboard, cookie theme tablecloth, cookie car magnet, notepad and pen)
Top 3 highest $ total sales troops will receive a pizza party.
Top 3 Project Thank You $ sales troops will receive a pizza party.
Top 3 Online $ sales troops will receive an ice cream party.
(For pizza party - maximum reward $5 per selling girl and 2 adults. For ice cream party - maximum reward $3 per selling girl and 2 adults).
Click the links below to download these important documents:
PRODUCT PERMISSION FORM.doc
Product Program Premium.pdf
Order card (products pictures).pdf
Order card (customer lines).pdf
Spread the Word Cards
MagNut Troop Guide.pdf
MAGNUT SERVICE UNIT CHAIR GUIDE.pdf
Be a Reader and Address Adventure Program.pdf
REPORT OF FAMILIES OWING MagNut MONEY.doc
TROOP FALL PRODUCT SALE EVALUATION.doc
Troop MagNut Chair Position Description.doc
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does our troop get proceeds from Reach Out booklets?
A: Proceeds from Reach Out Booklet sales come in the form of Troop Kentuckiana Credits that can be spent in the Girl Scout Shop or for program.
Q: Can a customer purchase a subscription for their town or school library?
A: No. Libraries have their own contracts established with magazine companies. However, customers may purchase a subscription for their local nursing home or homeless shelter.
Q: Will QSP honor stamps from Publisher’s Clearinghouse, sweepstakes, buy one get one free offers, etc.?
A: No. Clearinghouses and sweepstakes have their own contracts established. QSP offers the lowest published price.
Q: Should the girls sell door-to-door?
A: The MagNut Program is not a door-to-door sale. Think about family and friends who read magazines regularly--dentist and physician offices, beauty shops, auto/body shops, teachers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. Encourage magazine subscription renewals. Remember, the name on the current subscription must match the renewal order exactly.
Our council, camps and troops benefit from the MagNut Program. We are able to maintain and improve our campsites through participation in this fall fundraiser, provide other programming and events through the year and allow troops a method to raise funds for thier activities. Each girl is encouraged to be creative when setting her goals. As parents/guardians, you play an important role in your daughter’s successful completion of MagNut Program activities. If you have any questions, please call your daughter’s troop leader. And remember to save at least one magazine subscription for Girl Scouts!
Money for nuts/candy is collected when you deliver the product, and money for magazines must be collected when the order is taken. Troops will keep their profit upfront. ACH withdraws for the amount due council will take place the week of December 8.
Be certain that customers keep the pink copy of the order form. If they have a question about their order, they should call the toll free number on the back of the pink order form (1-877-289-6247) or go online at www.GAOtrak.com. New magazine subscriptions may take up to mid-March to process.
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE
- Supports camp and other programming offered to troops and girls through the council.
- Quick, simple, profitable fundraiser for troops
- Offers rewards for girls & troops
- Not a lot of paperwork, quick turnaround–a sale to family and friends
- Promotes reading–a service project opportunity
- QSP will switch subscriptions if a customer does not like the magazine selected
- Online magazines and nut & candy available – customer orders online and pays with credit card
- Tasty Ashdon Farms product
- September: Attend training on the MagNut Program and receive materials.
- Before Oct 1: Distribute materials to the girls and explain the program and procedures. Have parents sign the Parent Permission and Responsibility Form and return to the troop leader.
- Oct 1: Order taking for MagNut Program begins. Orders may be taken prior to this as long as troop has been trained and trained girls/families.
- Oct 15: Make sure your troop has turned in an ACH bank form to council.
- Oct 24: All nut/candy orders, magazine "paper" orders and Reach Out booklets due to troop chairs.
- Oct 27: SU MagNUt chair checks troops orders and receives/collects first report envelopes from troops
- Oct 29: Reach Out booklets must be in PLC office to qualify for $3 on time credit.
- Nov 15: Online orders via computer link locked for girls/troops. Any orders after this date will not count for troop profit or girl rewards.
- Nov 17, 18, & 19: Delivery of nuts/candy to troops
- Dec 1: Online order reports and all money due to troop chairs.
- Dec 5: Any Family Owing Forms due to council office
- Dec 8 - 20: ACH withdraws from troop bank accounts for amounts due to council
- Jan/Feb: Rewards will be delivered directly to SU Chairs.
ADDRESS ADVENTURE PATCH
The Address Adventure patch program is an easy patch to earn while participating in the MagNut Program. Requirements and order form listed on the Be a Reader form found in troop guide and on link above.
BE A READER PROGRAM
Use fun & enriching leadership activities for girls in your Be A Reader activity booklet to earn a Be a Reader bee, repeater bee and/or certificate. Requirements and order form listed on the Be a Reader form found in troop guide or link listed above.
To access the Be A Reader booklet and other program activities go to: http://whatcanagirldo.com
Remember, everyone makes a difference - even one order helps to maintain the camps for all Girl Scouts in Kentuckiana