Festival of the Arts
Join us for the 46th annual Festival of the Arts! Participate in unique art activities through performances, exhibits, tours, and workshops. Nearly every genre of arts is included—music, dance and drama as well as visual arts, folk crafts and classical experiences. The possibilities are endless!
Download the Festival of the Arts SIte Tips HERE!
Registering for Activities
The Festival of the Arts is a very popular event, designed to help girls explore new areas of the arts. Therefore, we ask your girls to make two or three selections they have not experienced before and to be open to trying new things. If they have only one selection in a category, it may be better if they go to that program at another time.
You will register for this activity via JotForm (linked at the bottom ofthe page). Please fill this form out as thoroughly as possible. The form is new this year - as you enter girls/adults, it will tally the cost automatically. If you find that you need to add girls/adults after your first submission, you may do so using the Register Now link and simply enter the girls/adults you are adding - do not enter your total attending.
Multi-Level troops are welcome at Festival of the Arts, you just have to be careful about how you pick your program selections. Your troop may split into smaller grade levels and attend workshops geared toward each specific grade level OR attend together and only attend larger events appropriate for all grade levels. You get to tell us what you prefer.
Break into Grade Levels - submit a JotForm registration for
each grade level separately and select Multi-Level. Only list the
girls/adults in this grade level. You must meet adult-to-girl
ratios for each grade level.
- Select "Yes, but girls will attend programs at their grade level" under Troop Is Multi-Level?
Come as One Group - submit one JotForm with all girls and
- Select "Yes, but girls will all attend programs together." under Troop is Multi-Level
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost for Festival of the Arts is $15 per girl and adult attending. Adults do not participate in workshops - only the girls will do these activities unless you are told otherwise by the presenter. Adults will participate in Events and Performances, Exhibits and Tours (PETS).
What Can I Expect?
- There are three categories from which to choose
- Performances, Exhibits and Tours (PETs)
- Workshops (Grade level assigned)
may attend a total of three programs during the day.
- No more than ONE program in the Events category
- No more than ONE program in the Workshops category
- All three programs may be in the Performances, Exhibits and Tours (PETs) category
- You do not have to fill all three time periods!
- Programs fill fast - make sure you give us multiple selections.
For Girl Scout Daisies and young Brownies, we recommend attending
two programs during the Festival, as girls that young get tired very
quickly and have shorter attention spans. Please be sure to note how
many programs you want to attend.
Events are located throughout Metro Louisville and Southern Indiana. Pay special attention to your locations, as you'll be moving from place to place throughout the day.
Do you have any other information you want to share with the Festival Registrar?
We really want you to have the experience your troop wants, but all requests may not be feasible. However, we can't help you if you don't tell us. Please use this section! It's a way for you to tell us things like:
- My volunteers won't drive in Louisville.
- We're finalizing a journey and really need to attend XXX Workshop.
- One of our girls is in the XXX Performance and we really want to support her.
Festival of the Arts t-shirts are available for $10 each. Simply enter the number needed per size and the cost will be automatically calculated. These shirts are standard unisex sizes.
Plan carefully! Register only the number for registered girls and adults you know will attend! There are no refunds for no shows! You may apply for a refund ONLY if you meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Selected 3 programs from the Events category.
- Selected 5 programs from the Performances, Exhibits and Tours (PETs) category.
- Selected 5 workshops from your program level category.
- The Festival Registrar has not been able to place your troop into any of your selections.
If the Festival Registrar is unable to give you any of your choices,
she will call you and offer alternative selections. If these
alternatives are not satisfactory, you may ask for a refund at that
- September 20 - First Draw Deadline: Registrations received before midnight will be scheduled first in a randomly drawn order. No troops are scheduled until after this deadline. Changes can be made to your submissions prior to this date without affecting your troop's programs.
- October 12 - Registration & T-Shirt Order Deadline
- October 26 to 29 - Program Schedules Sent to Troops
Contact the Festival of the Arts Desk:
Call 502-636-0900 ext. 34000