Troop and Group Activity & Travel Guidance: Last Updated September 4
At Girl Scouts, there is nothing we take more seriously than the safety and well-being of our girls, volunteers, and council staff. We understand that our members need guidance on what is safe for troops and groups as we navigate COVID-19. So, with the recommendations of the CDC, Kentucky Department for Public Health and the Indiana State Department of Health, Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana is putting the following measures in place.
These policies will be reviewed and updated regularly.
As of July 21:
Per the announcements from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Kentucky Department for Public Health on July 20, we have made updates to our COVID guidance. Although this guidance is for Kentucky, we are truly a regional council and we ask that everyone follow the most recent changes issued by the state of Kentucky. We will continue to monitor and respond to guidance changes from both Kentucky and Indiana.
- Virtual troop and volunteer meetings and trainings should continue to take place.
- Use the resources at Girl Scouting at Home to learn and stay engaged with Girl Scouts.
- Troop and group meetings/trainings of 10 or less may be held in-person in accordance with the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services new order. Safety guidelines listed below should also be followed. This is a reduction for the 50 or less that was previously allowed.
- Troop and group day trips and outings may take place, but all safety guidelines listed below should be followed.
- Out of state travel for troops and groups is not recommended due to the current travel advisory from the Kentucky Department for Public Health.
- If your household has traveled to a high risk area (states with a positive testing rate of 15% or higher) please refrain from attending any Girl Scout troop meetings, camp, or activities until after you have completed the recommended post-travel 14 day quarantine, per the current travel advisory from the Kentucky Department for Public Health. For the most up to date states go here.
- For information about troop activities at Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana camp properties click here.
- Troop camping is now available with tent, cabins, and primitive units. A COVID specific training is required for troop leaders wishing to take girls overnight. It can be found in our training platform DigitalChalk here. For more information or to make your reservation, please click here.
- Troop and household overnights in buildings will be suspended until 2021.
- For more information about family days at camp please click here.
- Households will be invited to camp overnight at four of our camp properties. For more information or to make your reservation, please click here.
The following guidelines should be observed:
- Outdoor meetings and activities are highly encouraged.
- Face masks should be worn at all times when you are indoors with people outside of the members in your household.
- Face masks should be worn outdoors when you are within six feet of anyone not in your household or in gathering places where others could be.
- Social distancing should occur whether indoors or outdoors when around people who are not in your household.
- All participants must practice frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer.
- Temperature checks should be conducted on each participant prior to leaving their homes for an activity.
- Only household members should transport girls.