2014 National Council Session / 53rd National Convention
Join Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana on October 16-19, 2014 in Salt Lake City, Utah, as we come together with Girl Scouts from around the world for the 2014 National Council Session!
Come reinvigorate our membership, deepen our commitment to our Movement, and celebrate our successes in Salt Lake City, Utah!
- Engage in conversations on important issues facing Girl Scouts and all girls
- Participate in an array of educational opportunities through Girl Scouts University
- Network, mingle, and renew friendships, while we celebrate the work we do together
- Go to the GSUSA website for updates and details regarding the National Council Session
Are you interested in representing Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana as a National Delegate? Some of the responsibilities include:
- Represent Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana at the triennial meeting of the National Council and any other meetings as scheduled for the National Council Delegates during the triennium
Responsibilities of the National Council members are listed in the Constitution of Girl Scouts of the USA, Article V, as found in the current Blue Book of Basic Documents. These are:
- Electing a National Board of Directors and National Board Development Committee to provide leadership for the 2014-2017 triennium;
- Providing direct input to the National Board on major topics to guide the direction of the Girl Scout Movement in years to come;
- Voting on proposals and amendments to the Constitution placed on the agenda by the National Board; and
The Board Development Committee and the Board of Directors are requesting the submission of applications for National Delegates from GSK.
- Receiving a National Board report on its stewardship of the Movement for the 2011-2014 triennium, with opportunity for dialog.
- All travel arrangements will be paid for by GSK for GSK National Delegates. National delegate number allowed for each council will be finalized by GSUSA in fall.
All applications must be postmarked by November 8, 2013.
Late applications will not be considered.
Please contact Laura Goodman, Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana, Human Resource Volunteer/Board Relations Manager email@example.com or 502.276.9729.