In case you've not met her yet, let us introduce you to Bravo Spot, our official good news mascot. You are encouraged to share bravos for fellow volunteers, staff and others who go above and beyond to further the Girl Scout mission, or to be in service to our council and our girls.
Just send an email with the subject "Bravo" to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll collect and share these periodically in various ways. Below are a number of recent bravos.
- February 5, 2013 For Connie Dunbar, Gold Award Cierra Brown (From Menisa Marshall)- Wow! Many thanks to Connie Dunbar, one of our communications manager volunteers, for contacting the Madisonville Messenger to pitch a story on Gold Award candidate Cierra Brown. Thanks to Connie’s work the Messenger ran a front page story about Cierra and her project to record and preserve the history of local African Americans who were part of the civil rights movement. Way to get our great story told Connie!
- February 1, 2013 For Allison Morris, Megan Dunlevy, Terri Tock (From Jacqueline Johnson)- For great help and stepping up short notice to get a new series started, for being such great Cluster 4 team members, for working to build great community relations and partnerships.
- January 19, 2013 For Janis Kidd and Dana Young and volunteers Nancy Northup, Mary Sue Ryan, Terri Massey and Marty Woeful (From Kristi Harrisonor)- You all rocked day camp training!!! Some evaluations stated…well organized, great information, best training in years!, etc. A shout out to one and all!!
January 16, 2013 For Jenni Johnson (From Kristi Harrison)- Jenni Johnson cheerfully stepped up this Saturday to help the Program Department run a Western Kentucky University Dance Clinic. 109 girls participated, and I’m sure Jenni danced a bit too. Way to fully harness the meaning of teamwork-for the girls!
January 14, 2013 For Kim Carpenter (From Jennifer Hill)- A huge thank you to Kim Carpenter, Service Unit 668 Manager, for using the conflict resolution policy and handling issues that are arising in her service unit at the appropriate level! This is great work and we appreciate having volunteers that we can rely on to handle the issues that come up!
January 11, 2013 For Jennifer Hill (From Karly Buckner)- Bravo to Jennifer Hill for meeting with U of L, students. She met with the Service Learning Class. She recruited 13 new volunteers. Many would like to help out with Program Series, Data Entry and Cookie Warehouse. They will each give GSK about 2-3 hours a week! Great job in reaching out to the local University to recruit new volunteers!
January 8, 2013 For Anne Littlebird (From Kelly Murphy)- Thank you to Anne for researching the issue with the PTO balances. Anne has spent a lot of time and energy on ensuring our PTO is correct.
January 2, 2013 For Terri Tock and Jackie Johnson (From Lindsy Lee)- I would like to express my appreciation and gratitude to these two ladies. When it seems we have been forgotten in our neck of the woods, Terri shows up with enthusiastic and supportive ideas. She has helped to put the wind back in my sails, Thank you so much Terri for listening and being physically present whenever I call. To Jackie Johnson, I would like to thank you for your quick and helpful responses to any question or concern. You help me feel connected to our council in a manner in which I and my troop feel relevant to the bigger picture. Thank you.
- December 12, 2012 - For Libby Heavrin and Karen Wild (From Anne Littlebird) Bravo forbringing girls from troop 1276 to help with Portrait Louisville 2012, an annual event by Louisville photographers to provide portraits to those who are homeless or in need. The girls kept us entertained. One of our young Girl Scouts gave us all hugs through out the day to help keep up our enthusiasm. The look of sheer joy as this child, with complete unconditional love, gave homeless people big hugs was truly a wonderful thing to see. Some of these people I am sure had not had a hug in many years. You are the best and truly showed the love and compassion Girl Scouts is known for. Thanks so much for all your work – we all appreciated you being there.
- December 10, 2012 - For Vivian Blade (From Kelly Murphy) - BRAVO SPOT to Vivian Blade for the wonderful training she provided to the GSK staff last week! We are very fortunate to have a member of our board who is willing to volunteer her time and expertise with us. The training was excellent and very beneficial.
- Dec 2012 - For Joanna Haas, Board member (From your council) - Congrats on receiving the Roy L. Shafer Leading Edge Award for Experienced Leadership in the Field from the Association of Science-Technology Centers. Haas, Executive Director of the Kentucky Science Center, accepted the award at the ASTC meeting in Columbus, OH.
- Dec 2012 - For Terri Tock and Dana Young (from various volunteers) Thanks for doing great work! Your efforts are getting good feedback from volunteers who have shared their comments.