Girl Scouting 101
This is required of all Girl Scout volunteers. This required course replaced Volunteer Orientation and Leadership Essentials effective January 2012. This independent study course provides an interactive view of Girl Scouting and covers the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, Law and history as well as membership requirements. It illustrates ways that both girl members and adults can participate, offers volunteer support and explains program processes. Access the online training by clicking here: http://training.girlscouts.org/
Troop Pathway Orientation
This session is designed to help new leaders get started with their troop. This course is offered as part of the educational calendar or it can be scheduled through the service unit manager, coach, troop organizer, or membership coordinator. At least one member of the leadership team must complete GS101 and Troop Pathway Orientation before meeting with a troop. The leader and co-leader must have this training within the first 3 months. This is offered as a face to face training. Contact your service center or reference the training calendar online or printed copy, for times and offerings.
System Requirements and Instructions to Complete Online Training
If you have high speed internet access (see system requirements below), you can complete Volunteer Orientation, Leadership Essentials and Girl Scouting 101 on your own schedule. Each of our offices also has computers, where you can go, to complete your training.
IT Specs for PC or Mac
- Flash 8 or higher player
- Sound (audio) card
- Speakers (Headsets are optional)
- Disable pop-up blocker
- HIGH-SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION
Instructions for Online Training
Please type in your browser http://training.girlscouts.org/
- Then click English or Spanish.
- You will be prompted for a password.
- Your password for Girl Scouting 101 is aboutGS101.
- Please fill out all the requested information. Under the Council Name drop down box you will need to choose Kentuckiana. When entering your first name please put the initials of your service center in front of your first name. BC-Bear Creek, CL-Caveland, HL-Heartland, MT-Metro or PR-Pennyroyal. Example: PR-Juliette.
Your participation in this course must be confirmed via GSUSA's reporting system before you receive credit and are considered trained.