Fall Product Program 2013
Nut and Candy order card
Fall Product Program 2013 Supports Our Camps!
Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana's Fall Product Program is a great way for troops to earn funds! Proceeds from the Fall Product Program help support maintenance of camps, financial assistance, and girl program opportunities.
Fall Product Program information for distribution to parents will be available at your September service unit meeting. For additional information on the program, please contact Karen Smallwood 502-636-0900 or 888-771-5170.
Product Program Premium
Troops participating in both product programs and completing all requirements will receive a Product Program Premium worth $40 to be used in our council shops.
1. Troop and girls must be registered for the 2013-2014 troop year.
2. Troop must average 10 nut and candy items AND 1 magazine order per girl in the 2013 Fall Product Program.
3. Troop must average 180 boxes per girl in the 2014 Cookie Program.
4. All money due to council for both product programs will be withdrawn from troop bank account using ACH and must be accessible by deadline dates. If troop has family owing, they must turn in a family owing form to verify correct amount for ACH pull.
Product Program Premiums will be issued at the end of the 2014 Cookie Program and will have an expiration date of December 9, 2014.
Nut & Candy Vendor
Trophy Nut Company will be the supplier for the nuts and candy offered in the Fall Product Program for Kentuckiana this year. We have 14 varieties including a Girl Scout tin with Mint Trefoils and a festive snowman themed tin with chocolate covered pretzels. The tins, cashews and chocolate covered almonds will be $6 each and the other varieties will be $5 each. Troops will be set up in the Trophy Nut Order System (TNOS) by their service unit fall product chair.http://trophynutorders.com
In addition to orders taken by girls, customers will also have the opportunity to go online for nut and candy orders. The online ordering site will include all 14 of the items Kentuckiana girls will be offering and include additional items from the Trophy Nut gift line. Online orders, like magazine online orders, will be credited to the troop and the girls. http://nutsforknowledge.com
$6.00 items: Girl Scout tin w/Mint Trefoils, Snowman tin w/Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Chocolate Covered Almonds, Whole Cashews.
$5.00 items: Pecan Supremes, Dulce de Leche, Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Covered Raisins, Cranberry Trail Mix, Fruit Slices, Spicy Cajun Mix, Honey Roasted Peanuts, Double Dipped Chocolate Covered Peanuts, Peanut Squares
All Fall materials are available on the flash drive given to troops at the start of this Girl Scout year or through the links below. Check with your service unit fall chair for exact participation dates and deadlines.
Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana Fall Frenzy!
Your troop can receive a $50 Council Shop Gift Card when you complete the following:
When existing troops register Early Bird or On-Time*
When new troops register by October 31, 2013
Sell an average of $200 per girl in the Fall Product Program**
*On-time registration ends September 30, 2013
** Fall Product Program includes the selling of nuts, candy and magazine subscriptions
Click the links below to download these important documents:
PRODUCT PERMISSION FORM.pdf
ACH bank form 2013-2014.pdf
Nut & candy order card.pdf
2013 Fall Family Newsletter.pdf
What is Fall product program.pdf
Why Fall Product and Safety Tips.pdf
13 FALL PRODUCT Basics.doc
Where to get help.pdf
Ten Steps to fall success.pdf
Fall Rewards 2013.pdf
What to turn in when.pdf
Be a Reader and Address Adventure Program.pdf
TROOP FALL PRODUCT SALE EVALUATION.doc
REPORT OF FAMILIES OWING FALL MONEY.doc
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does our troop get proceeds from Reach Out booklets?
A: Proceeds from Reach Out Booklet sales come in the form of Fall Product Troop Rewards that can be spent in the Girl Scout Shop or for program.
Q: Can a customer purchase a subscription for their town or school library?
A: No. Libraries have their own contracts established with magazine companies. However, customers may purchase a subscription for their local nursing home or homeless shelter.
Q: Will QSP honor stamps from Publisher’s Clearinghouse, sweepstakes, buy one get one free offers, etc.?
A: No. Clearinghouses and sweepstakes have their own contracts established. QSP offers the lowest published price.
Q: Should the girls sell door-to-door?
A: The Fall Product Program is not a door-to-door sale. Think about family and friends who read magazines regularly--dentist and physician offices, beauty shops, auto/body shops, teachers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. Encourage magazine subscription renewals. Remember, the name on the current subscription must match the renewal order exactly.
Our camps benefit from the Fall Product Program. We are able to maintain and improve our campsites through participation in this fall fundraiser. Each girl is encouraged to be creative when setting her goals. As parents/guardians, you play an important role in your daughter’s successful completion of Fall Product Program activities. If you have any questions, please call your daughter’s troop leader. And remember to save at least one magazine subscription for Girl Scouts!
Money for nuts/candy is collected when you deliver the product, and money for magazines must be collected when the order is taken. Troops will keep their profit upfront. ACH withdraws for the amount due council will take place the week of December 9.
Be certain that customers keep the pink copy of the order form. If they have a question about their order, they should call the toll free number on the back of the pink order form (1-877-289-6247). New magazine subscriptions may take up to mid-March to process.
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE
- Supports camp properties for council
- Quick, simple, profitable fundraiser for troops
- Offers rewards for girls, leaders, & troops
- Not a lot of paperwork, quick turnaround–a sale to family and friends
- Promotes reading–a service project opportunity
- QSP will switch subscriptions if a customer does not like the magazine selected
- Online magazines and nut & candy available – customer orders online and pays with credit card
- Tasty Trophy Nut product
- Troop will earn 15% of the total (gross) sales from magazines (including online orders), and nuts and candy.
- Troop will receive $4 for each completed address booklet with at least 10 names. Booklets must be received in council office by October 29. Booklets received after this date will receive $2 per booklet.
- Troop will receive up to 2 volunteer patches for leader/chair if they average 1 magazine order AND 5 nut/candy orders per selling girl.
- Troops with at least 10 magazine orders AND 50 nut/candy orders will receive an adult shirt for the troop fall chair.
- September: Attend training on the Fall Product Program and receive materials.
- Before Oct 1: Distribute materials to the girls and explain the program and procedures. Have parents sign the Parent Permission and Responsibility Form and return to the troop leader.
- Oct 1: Order taking for Fall Product Program begins.
- Oct 15: Make sure your troop has turned in an ACH bank form to council.
- Oct 18: All nut/candy orders, magazine "paper" orders and Reach Out booklets due to troop chairs.
- Nov 13/14: Delivery of nuts/candy to troops
- Dec 1: Online order reports and all money due to troop chairs.
- Week off Dec 9: ACH withdraws from troop bank accounts for amounts due to council
- Jan/Feb: Rewards will be delivered directly to SU Chairs.
ADDRESS ADVENTURE PATCH
The Address Adventure patch program is an easy patch to earn while participating in the Fall Product Program. Requirements and order form listed on the Be a Reader form found on GSK flash drive or link listed above.
BE A READER PROGRAM
Use fun & enriching leadership activities for girls in your Be A Reader activity booklet to earn a Be a Reader bee, repeater bee and/or certificate. patch and/or certificate. Requirements and order form listed on the Be a Reader form found on GSK flash drive or link lised above.
To access the Be A Reader booklet and other program activities go to: http://whatcanagirldo.com
Log on to www.trophynutorders.com for activities and more information.
Remember, everyone makes a difference - even one order helps to maintain the camps for all Girl Scouts in Kentuckiana