Striving for Silver Workshop
Date & Time
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
Register 1 or more individuals:
Who should attend:
- Girl Scout Cadettes
- Girl Scout Seniors
- Girl Scout Ambassadors
- Adult Volunteers
This program has been specifically designed to provide Girl Scout Cadettes and their adult volunteers with the tools and resources needed to complete the Silver Award, the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn. It will help girls:
- look around their neighborhoods or schools and find ways to make a change for the better.
- learn how to follow their passion to find a project that meets a neighborhood, school or local community need (must be done beyond the Girl Scout community).
Adults will learn how to guide girls to identify issues that they care about by exploring and developing their projects.
- Bring a pen or pencil and come prepared for an informative session.
Getting Ready for the Workshop:
- Leaders, advisors, and parents are encouraged to attend.
- Each participant must register separately, as handouts will be given to girls and adults attending the Striving for Silver Workshop. All girls AND adults must register so that we can prepare the correct number of materials.
- Parental permission slips are required for all Girl Scout Cadettes when they are not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
While there are no prerequisites for this course, familiarity with the Journeys and Girl Scout Junior Cadette grade level are helpful.
- Girls and adults should become familiar with Journey books or review the Journey information resources on the GSK website prior to attending this course.
- Adults may attend a Girl Scout Cadette Grade Level training.
Contact Kasey Bryant at 270-872-0385 or email@example.com
Elizabethtown/Heartland Program and Learning Center
200 Sycamore Street
Houchens Plaza, Suite 124
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Get Driving Directions