Autumn Adventure Weekend
Date & Time
10/3/2014 - 10/5/2014
Fri - Sun.
Who should attend:
- Girl Scout Ambassadors
- Adult Volunteers
We have something for everyone! In addition to the core Girl Scout courses, you can enrich your Girl Scout experience with crafts, outdoor skills, and troop enrichment courses. Not only will you learn new skills, but we’ll also show you how these skills can enhance the Girl Scout Leadership Experience! You can choose to spend the whole weekend at camp with us, or just take one course. Courses have been selected for all Girl Scout Volunteers (not just troop leaders), so come join us!!!
Girl Scout Ambassadors may attend trainings during this weekend if they are accompanied by adults who will be responsible for the girls to ensure GSUSA adult-to-girl ratios are met.
Lodging: Overnight accommodations are available for the weekend. You can stay in a lodge, platform tent, or bring your own tent. Quiet Hours (11:00 pm-6:30 am) will be observed except at Cardinal Lodge. Showers are available in Denham House and Cardinal Lodge. Mattresses are available in the lodges and platform tents. You will need to bring your own bedding, and you may have to move it in lodges to clear space for trainings.
Fees: There is a $3 general registration fee for the weekend, which helps to cover things like snacks and drinks, support costs, etc. In addition, there are specific fees associated with many of the courses, optional fees for some course patches and course books, and for meals. See the registration form for details on specific course fees.
Meals: Many outdoor courses include meals as part of the course; course fees include cost of these meals. For those participants whose course choices do not include a meal, the following meals are available at camp for the prices listed. In addition, snacks and drinks will be available to all participants throughout the weekend.
- Saturday Breakfast - $3 - Casserole
- Saturday Lunch - $5 – Veggie Soup/Sandwiches
- Saturday Dinner - $6 – Baked Potato & More Bar
- Sunday Breakfast - $3 – Cereal, Bagels, & Fruit
- Adult Education courses are open to all registered adults.
- Planning Deadline: Friday, September 19
- Archery Instructor Course, First Aid, & CPR Deadline
- Final Deadline: Friday, September 26
- No refunds or additions after this date
- Financial Assistance is available for the weekend.
- Send all payments and notes about special needs with your registration.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration.
Sarai Snyder Gumm
3825 East Hebron Lane
Mapquest wil leave you 1/2 mile short
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Get Driving Directions