Go Gold Workshop
Date & Time
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Available Registration slots: 24
Register 1 or more individuals:
Sponsored by: Clusters 3 & 4
Who should attend:
- Girls currently registered as Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors (in grades 9-12) as well as the Girl Scout volunteers advising them
Registration Deadline - no later than 6/3/2014 or until capacity is reached
Come and learn about the Girl Scout Gold Award, the paperwork and approval process. Each workshop covers the requirements of the award, submission deadlines, tips and tricks for planning a successful project, and more. Attending a workshop is the absolute best way to get ready to go for the Gold.
Bring a pen or pencil and come prepared for an informative session. Girls should be near completion or have completed two Senior or Ambassador Journeys (or one Journey and earned their Silver) to attend. Their leaders, advisors and parents are encouraged to attend.
GIRLS MUST CURRENTLY BE IN GRADES 9-12 TO PARTICIPATE
Each participant must register separately, as handouts will be given to girls and adults attending the Go Gold Workshop. All girls AND adults must register so that we can prepare the correct number of materials.
Parental permission slips are required for all Senior/Ambassador Girl Scouts when they are not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Perhaps this date or location does not work for you? Don't worry! We will continue to add workshops to the schedule throughout the year, so check back for more options.
We can also bring a workshop to you - This is just another option to help meet the needs of girls and their advisors throughout the council.
- Each workshop request must have at least five participants. If you do not have enough people, call your service center’s GSLE Program Specialist. She may be able to locate others who would like to attend the course.
- Turn in a request form by US mail or e-mail (no phone requests please) at least 30-60 days in advance.
- The earlier you make your request, the more likely it is that we can arrange a workshop facilitator, site, and date to meet your needs.
- Meeting the request will depend on the availability of members of the Gold Award Committee or trained workshop facilitators.
Contact Terri Tock, GSLE Program Specialist and staff liaison to the Gold Award Committee.for more information or questions.