It's Your World- Change It! Journey Camporee
Date & Time
4/11/2014 - 4/13/2014
Friday 6:00 p.m.- Sunday 12:00 p.m.
Available Registration slots: 68
Register 1 or more individuals:
Who should attend:
- Girl Scout Daisies, Brownies, Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors and Adult Volunteers
Join us for a fun weekend at beautiful Camp Shantituck! Girl Scouts will work on the Journey book "It's Your World...Change It!" while making new friends! Girls will team up with other girls, their grade level, and work towards earning the award. Depending on grade level, a Girl Scout could complete the process over the weekend! Some grade levels will need to complete the take action project at a later date, after the camporee. Girl Scouts are "on their honor" to complete the take action project, before applying the award to their official uniform component.
A Journey book and the award will be provided to registered Girl Scouts who attend the camporee and participate in the program. Adults will not receive a book and or award. Girl Scouts will be provided food and lodging. Daisy and Brownie will sleep in building; Junior, Cadette and or Senior may be assigned to a tent unit for sleeping.
All adults at the camporee must be registered GSK members with a current background check! All girls must be registered GSK members. Two (2) free adults per troop (three girl minimum); all adults will implement program during the camporee. Additional adult (1 per troop), will be allowed at camporee: above the two free adult with troop. The extra adult will pay $30.00 registration fee. Depending on space in building and number of girls per grade level registrations, extra adult could be assigned a tent unit to sleep in over the weekend.
One and or both of the two (2) free adults are to be current certified FA / CPR and one and or both are to be camper certified Camp In A & B level (camping in a building). Adults in tent units are to have FA/CPR and Camp Out certified adult. Girl to adult ratio as outlined in Volunteer Essentials 2013-2014 edition (page 14) will be adhered to.
NO TAGALONGS (siblings) will be allowed at camp, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Registration Deadline: March 28th, 2014
Reservations for the event is open to registered girls and or adults.
Camporee Coordinator: Linda Zimmerman (502-594-6453) or email@example.com
Program Specialist: Danica Van Volkenburg, 502-636-0900 Ext 24700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls develop a strong sense of self.
- Girls develop positive values.
- Girls gain practical life skills.
- Girls seek challenges in the world.
- Girls develop critical thinking.
- Girls develop healthy relationships.
- Girls promote cooperation and team building.
- Girls can resolve conflicts.
- Girls advance diversity in a multicultural world.
- Girls feel connected to their communities, locally and globally.
- Girls can identify community needs.
- Girls are resourceful problem solvers.
- Girls advocate for themselves and others, locally and globally.
- Girls educate and inspire others to act.
- Girls feel empowered to make a difference in the world.
|Free Adult #1:
|Free Adult #2:
3825 East Hebron Lane
Mapquest wil leave you 1/2 mile short
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Get Driving Directions