Recognizing and Preventing Child Abuse
Date & Time
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST
Who should attend: adult volunteers.
Have you ever thought?
• What if a child in my troop told me she was being abused?
• What if I noticed signs of abuse?
• How do you report abuse?
• How can I prevent abuse?
• What if I lost control? Do I have a plan?
Come join this free workshop on prevention and recognition of child abuse. As a Girl Scout volunteer you come in contact with many children from many walks of life. Learn how to become a safe adult for a child who has been abused. Did you know that it is mandatory that suspected child abuse be reported in Kentucky? This interactive workshop will delve into the mystery of child abuse and how we as Girl Scout volunteers can help prevent and recognize child abuse.
• Define child abuse, actual and suspected.
• Recognize the symptoms of child abuse.
• Discuss ways to prevent child abuse.
• Describe the process of reporting suspected or actual child abuse.
• Learn how to become a “safe adult”.
• Discuss positive discipline styles and techniques.
Registration deadline: October 14, 2013.
This workshop will be held at the Louisville PLC with video conference to Owensboro/Pennyroyal PLC and Paducah/Bear Creek PLC.
For more information, please contact:
Cluster 1: Betsy Monroe at email@example.com or 270-908-4652.
Cluster 3 and 4: Jennifer Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-716-7224 or