LEGO® KIDSFEST Louisville: April 5 – 7
Three Acres of Hands-On Educational Fun for All Ages
The LEGO® KidsFest national tour stops at the Kentucky Exposition Center April 5 – 7, 2013, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in this three acre activity- and entertainment-packed family event for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
The LEGO KidsFest offers family fun for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests. Among the many LEGO attractions the event features:
• LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
• LEGO Master Model Builders: The crew who get paid to play; there are only 7 in the U.S. and 2 will be at LEGO KidsFest Louisville
• Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
• Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
• LEGO Games Arena: play a new way with the world's first collection of board games that you build, play and change from LEGO.
• Creation Nation: A basketball court sized map of the U.S. where unique creations can be built and added to the custom map over the weekend
• LEGO DUPLO®: There are “so many ways to play” with bricks double the size for smaller hands
• LEGO Retail & KidsFest Marketplace: LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
• Brick Pile: a gigantic pile with over a trillion LEGO bricks; big enough to make snow-angels!
• Monochromatic Builds: multiple areas with bricks all one color fosters group building creativity
“Any family who likes to be inspired, get hands-on and have fun together won’t want to miss LEGO KidsFest,” said Vince Rubino, LEGO events manager. “We’re bringing so many activities for Louisville-area families to test and showcase their creativity and building skills in what is sure to be a family event to remember.”
Based on sell-out attendance in previous markets, advance ticket purchase is strongly encouraged.
Five sessions – all identical – are available for the Louisville April 5 – 7 tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets are $20 for adults and $18 for children and can be purchased online at www.LEGOKidsFest.com.
At each tour stop, the LEGO KidsFest partners with national and local organizations and businesses whose products/services/promotional efforts are kid-friendly and beneficial to attendees. For the Louisville tour stop LEGO KidsFest is working with the Louisville Zoo, the Kentucky Science Center, The Mommy Nest, and the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Kentucky Tourism and Visit Louisville. National tour partners include Play-Well Teknologies®, Honest Kids® - Honest Tea®, New York Life®, DK Publishing®, and Guidecraft®.
The LEGO KidsFest national tour is produced by LIFE Marketing & Events llc. (LM&E) based out of West Hartford, CT. LM&E has been partnered with LEGO Systems producing over 15 tour stops since 2009.
The LEGO KidsFest 2013 tour stops: Richmond, VA (February 15 – 17), Louisville, KY (April 5 – 7), Houston, TX (May 17 – 19), Phoenix, AZ (July 12 – 14), San Jose, CA (August 30 – September 1), Portland, OR (October 11 – 13), and Hartford, CT (December 6 – 8).