Letterboxing 101 at Camp Shantituck
Date & Time
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sponsored by: Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana
Who should attend: Brownies, Juniors & Juliettes of appropriate program levels.
Max number of participants: 30
Letterboxing is an intriguing pastime combining navigational skills and rubber stamp artistry in a charming "treasure hunt" style outdoor quest. A wide variety of adventures can be found to suit all ages and experience levels. Girls and adult participants will make their own stamp to use while letterboxing, their own letterboxing journals and learn the rules of letterboxing. We will then head out onto camp to look for letterboxes hidden at Camp Shantituck. Fun patch included with program..
NOTE: Dress appropriate for weather. We will be outside for part of this program. Most of the requirements for the Brownie Letterboxer Skill Building Award will be covered in this program.
March 2, 2013
February 15, 2013
$12.00 per girl/ $12.00 per participating adult
Program questions contact:
Dana Young email@example.com or 502-413-2851
Registration questions contact:
Cassandra Niece 502-413-2853 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls develop a strong sense of self.
- Girls gain practical life skills.
- Girls seek challenges in the world.
- Girls develop critical thinking.
- Girls can resolve conflicts.
- Girls are resourceful problem solvers.
- Girls educate and inspire others to act.
- Girls feel empowered to make a difference in the world.