Introduction to Canoeing at Camp Pennyroyal
Date & Time
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sponsored by: Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana
Who should attend: Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors, Ambassadors & Juliettes of appropriate program levels.
Max number of participants: 20
This is an instructional introduction to canoeing program for girl with no or very little canoeing experience. Girls will learn the basics of canoeing, from how to get in without tipping over, to paddling and steering. After girls hone their skills, they will put them to use on the lake at Camp Pennyroyal. Girl that completed the Introduction to Canoeing program will receive a Canoeing Fun Patch..
NOTE: Girls need to be able to swim, physically able to paddle a canoe and not be afraid of water in order to get the best benefits of this program. Girls will need to wear shoes with a strap on the back. NO flip flops. They should also bring a change of clothes. All of the necessary equipment and trained instructors will be provided..
April 6, 2013
March 22, 2013
$12.00 per girl/ $12.00 per participating adult
Program questions contact:
Dana Young email@example.com or 502-413-2851
Registration questions contact:
Cassandra Niece 502-413-2853 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls develop a strong sense of self.
- Girls seek challenges in the world.
- Girls develop critical thinking.
- Girls promote cooperation and team building.
- Girls can resolve conflicts.
- Girls are resourceful problem solvers.
- Girls educate and inspire others to act.
- Girls feel empowered to make a difference in the world.