Recognizing and Preventing Child Abuse - Cancelled
Date & Time
6 pm - 9 pm
Sponsored by: Clusters 3 and 4
Who should attend: adult leaders.
Have you ever thought?
• What if a child in my troop told me she was being abused?
• What if I noticed signs of abuse?
• How do you report abuse?
• How can I prevent abuse?
• What if I lost control? Do I have a plan?
Come join this free workshop on prevention and recognition of child abuse. As a Girl Scout volunteer you come in contact with many children from many walks of life. Learn how to become a safe adult for a child who has been abused. Did you know that it is mandatory that suspected child abuse be reported in Kentucky? This interactive workshop will delve into the mystery of child abuse and how we as Girl Scout volunteers can help prevent and recognize child abuse.
• Define child abuse, actual and suspected.
• Recognize the symptoms of child abuse.
• Discuss ways to prevent child abuse.
• Describe the process of reporting suspected or actual child abuse.
• Learn how to become a “safe adult”.
• Discuss positive discipline styles and techniques.
Registration deadline: 2/18/2013.
For more information please contact: Jennifer Hill at email@example.com or Allison Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Louisville/Metro Program and Learning Center
2115 Lexington Road
Louisville, KY 40206
Get Driving Directions