Partners in Building Hope Together: Habitat House Build Project
To celebrate our 100th Anniversary, the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana will partner with Semonin Realtors, Women for Habitat, and Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville to build a house with a green designation. In addition, the Association of Women in Construction have volunteered to act as facilitators for the Girls Build Program to girls in 6th through 8th grades.
The goals of the project are:
- To provide a team building experience for the volunteers, staff, and young women who are involved with Girl Scouts
- To introduce girls to construction skills and to integrate that knowledge into Habitat’s work in distressed communities
- To support the work of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville in building great homes, strong relationships and healthy neighborhoods
- $43,500 for an eco-friendly house sponsorship
- Volunteers to help with building of the house in September 2012
- Volunteers to help with the Girls Build program
This partnership is an opportunity for our girls to understand the importance of helping the community in which they live. Our 100th Anniversary incorporates our girls giving 100,000 hours of community service all over our jurisdiction, which encompasses sixty-four counties in Kentucky and Indiana.