Long-Range Property Planning
The objective of a Long RangeProperty Plan is to develop sites and facilities that support the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, support the Girl Scout Brand and create a property portfolio that is aligned with Kentuckiana’s financial and fund development priorities. In order for the Board to make informed decisions and the CEO to develop Action Plans, a LRPP must answer the following questions:
1. What do we have? Condition, use and cost to operate
2. Where we want to be? Vision, customer value, financial priorities
3. What we have to do? Alignment of assets and operations
4. How we get there ? Prioritized 3-Year “Action Plans” addressing strategic priorities
We will use objective market data, program and property data and Strategic Learning to answer these four questions.
This process includes:
Facility and Maintenance Performance Standards
Uniform facility quality and performance standards facilitate a quality outdoor experience that both supports the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and Girl Scout Brand, and align properties and facilities with council financial and fund development priorities.
Highly effective, high performing facilities are:
- Free of health and safety hazards
- Structure is plumb and level, and free of construction defects
- Meets or exceed government regulations and industry standards